LOCK HAVEN RESIDENTIAL RECYCLING PROGRAM
Contact: Recycling Coordinator
Lock Haven has three separate collection zones. Zone 1, which covers most of the downtown between the railroad tracks and the levee to the airport, is collected every other Friday. Zone 2, which covers from Second Avenue to Bellefonte Avenue and follows the railroad tracks, is collected every other Tuesday, and zone 3, which covers from Second Avenue to the city line at Flemington and from Bellefonte Avenue out to Susquehanna Avenue and includes Sunset Pines, is collected every other Wednesday.
THE DO'S AND DON'TS OF RECYCLING WITHIN THE CITY OF LOCK HAVEN
Residential Curbside Pick-up
Myrtle Street Drop-Off Center
(In addition to the curb side pickup)
Curbside Recycling within the City of Lock Haven is FREE to all City Residents. Materials should be placed in the green bin designated for recycling and placed at the curbside by 7:00 a.m. on the day of your scheduled pickup. Pick-up days are scheduled according to the recycling zone you live in. Pick up will occur on the same weekday every other week.
Any CITY resident can pick up a recycling bin at Lock Haven City Hall, 20 East Church Street, Lock Haven, PA or by contacting the City at 570-893-5900, 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday.
Magnets with the 2012 recycling schedule will be distributed at the beginning of each year in your recycling bins on your scheduled pickup day. If you don't get a magnet or need an additional magnet, please stop in City Hall to pick one up in the Water office or the 2nd floor reception area.
CURBSIDE RECYCLING SCHEDULE FOR 2012
Under the Recycling Ordinance adopted by the City of Lock Haven , and in accordance with Pennsylvania Law – Act 101, all businesses, schools, universities, commercial establishments, institutional establishments, and multi-family dwellings (apartments with four or more units) that operate within the City of Lock Haven are REQUIRED to recycle the following items:
MULTI_FAMILY RESIDENTIAL PROPERTIES (four or more units)
* Clear, Brown & Green Glass, Aluminum, Steel & Bi-metal Cans
COMMERCIAL ESTABLISHMENTS, SCHOOLS, UNIVERSITIES, INSTITUTIONS
* Clear, Brown & Green Glass, Aluminum Steel & Bi-metal Cans, Office Paper, Corrugated Cardboard
Written documentation of materials recycled must be reported to the City by February 15th of each calendar year.
Reporting forms will be mailed or may be obtained by contacting the City Recycling Coordinator by phone at (570) 893-5903. They can also be downloaded here and faxed to (570) 893-5905 or sent by mail to: Recycling Coordinator 20 E. Church Street , Lock Haven, PA, 17745.
The establishments listed above have several options to meet their recycling requirements:
1) Self-transport of at least three materials to the Clinton County Solid Waste Authority Recycling Center. There is no charge for this option which involves drop off of recyclables at the Clinton County Solid Waste Authority Recycling Center, requesting a weight-slip receipt for each drop-offs in order to provide documentation of recycling and volume. The weight slips must be turned in at the end of the year along with your recycling report to the city's recycling coordinator..
2) Contracting with a private hauler who will provide separate pickup of recyclables and transport to the Wayne Township Landfill. Haulers may establish their own rates for pickup of recyclables from commercial entities, but may not include the recyclables in regular business waste hauling. The haulers must transport recyclables separately to the Clinton County Solid Waste Authority Recycling Center.
Contracting with the Clinton County Solid Waste Authority
Recycling Center for recyclable pickup.
TheAuthority has established rates for commercial recyclers based upon
volume and type of business. Please
contact them directly at 570-769-6977 for collection and rate information.
Green box bi-weekly curbside pickup is available at the rate of $30 per
year for commercial entities and multi-unit housing facilities, who must
register in advance for this option with the Landfill.
4) For establishments that manage multiple rental properties, one report of total tonnage may be submitted at the end of each calendar year but must include a listing of all properties on a separate sheet, indicating name, address, number of apartments and/or businesses.
For information about Recycling outside of the city, Please call the Clinton County Recycling Coordinator at (570) 769-7802. Web Page: www.waynetwplandfill.com
City of Lock Haven · 20 East Church Street · Lock Haven, PA 17745-2599
Phone: (570) 893-5900 · Fax: (570) 893-5905 · Email: email@example.com