Contact: Jason Dershem
E-mail Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact: Jon Hart
E-mail Address: email@example.com
The Engineering Department is comprised of two personnel who provide the following services, but are not limited to:
· In-house engineering services for all City departments from project design through construction and contract administration.
· Solicit and administer contracts for studies and design work performed by consultants.
· Provide operating assistance to all City Departments.
· Property Deed records & Tax Maps for parcels located within the city limits.
· Mapping of all city facilities.
o Water system
o Sanitary Sewer
o Storm Sewer
o City owned buildings
GIS/GPS Mapping Project
GIS - Geographic information system. An organized collection of computer
hardware, software, geographic data, and personnel designed to efficiently
capture, store, update, manipulate, analyze, and display all forms of
geographically referenced information.
Accurate mapping is the means to properly track what comprises the City’s water, wastewater, and storm water systems. The City Engineers Office is currently building a citywide GIS system as a tool for updating, and analyzing the water and sewer distribution and collection network. Placing this information in such a system allows more precise data to be stored, and enables the City to more efficiently manage its utility infrastructure. Using GPS technology the Engineers Office field locates, verifies and surveys manholes, catch basins, valves, lift stations, etc. to create accurate system mapping. These maps will replace decades of paper records and ‘as-built’ plans that are difficult to maintain and analyze.
City of Lock Haven · 20 East Church Street · Lock Haven, PA 17745-2599
Phone: (570) 893-5900 · Fax: (570) 893-5905 · Email: firstname.lastname@example.org